21 October 2007


The story of Jake
I do not know about Jake's breeding as we got him when he was 14 weeks old, and don't know much of his history. He was sold at 6 weeks, to someone who is by all accounts a druggie/alcholic, who kept him in a crate for the first 2 months. A friend of a friend then bought him off the first owner, to look for a better home for him. We were looking for a puppy at that time, so when my friend told me his story we went and had a look and fell for him. We took him the next day. We didn't get any paperwork with him, and he was in a bit of a state - quite badly matted (before and after photos attached - it was like collecting a different dog from the groomers!) He doesn't seemed to have been affected by his bad start though, he's settled in to our family really well.
What a fantastic story Louise, I vote Jake as Bedlington Pictures dog of the month!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

What a sad start for Jake, but what a wonderful end for him. He is so cute too. I am so happy he found you. He has a great life ahead of him.

maureen said...

i second the vote for bedy of the month.

Tina W said...

Well I 3rd it! Glad he's settled in well and enjoying life to the full now.

enid said...

Thank goodness there are kind people in the world. I'm sure Jake will make you very happy. One of the things I've noticed with our breed is that whenever you take them out they make people smile!

Anonymous said...

Teena(midlands with Poppie)this story made me cry! i,m such an animal lover and i cant bare to hear abuse of them, thank god jake has a loving new home! he,s so gorgeous.. xxx big kisses to him