18 January 2008

Friday and we say hello to Stu
You can tell it's nearly the end of the shooting season because Maurice is catching on to what's expected of him. After spending most of the winter totally ignoring the pheasants and ducks he finally came good early this week, flushing a number of birds to the guns and then capping it all by chasing and catching two "runners". This was witnessed by a couple of guns who were strangers to me and they were quite impressed by this strange looking dog's performance. However, Maurice being Maurice, he blotted his copybook on the next drive by totally ignoring another pheasant which dropped right in front of him and the gamekeeper and promptly legged it across the field. Two fields later we caught up with it and I had to dispatch it myself. They do say pride comes before a fall but I still love the little devil!
Angie and I have some Aussie Bedlington fanciers staying with us after Crufts and we have entered a couple of dogs for them to handle. Then it's the Windsor and Hampton Court tourist bit and sitting up late telling lies to each other round a glass or two. Should be fun.
I expect I'll be seeing some of you at the B.T.O.T.Y. next week. Should be a good competition with the C.C'.s being more widely distributed last year.
Thanks Stu perhaps one day you can get a photo of Maurice out beating! I am looking forward to next week being it is the first time the dog's have qualified, saying this I enjoyed last year just taking photos. Jon will have a new camera next month so let's hope he can get some good shots.

11 comments:

matthew at seaofiron said...

who trained your dog as a gundog.
non of my friends on the beating line believe me when i tell them about your dog and 'how well it does'.
they all laugh at me and just call me poodle.
blue may go next season but only on a lead.
my friend who's the gamekeeper is taking him out to train him, theres too many hares around.
bed early, beating all day tomorrow.
last week of season we are going to go out everyday.

Keira said...

I don't really know where to write and who to ask, just tried this.
I like this dog very much, I'd like to find out who he is. I mean by pedigree name. If anybody can tell me, I'd be very glad.

Thanks.

maureen said...

Lowbrook Lambent Laurel shcm.

I HOPE THIS HELPS, IF YOU NEED ANY MORE INFO PLEASE ASK

Scotish-Davie said...

He always looks great in the photos posted here of him. Has that cracking colour on him.

maureen said...

HI is that you in your profile,if it is it's a great shot, I can't enlarge it for some reason,my daughter has taken part in the iron man, crazy girl but had a great time

Scotish-Davie said...

Hi Maureen yea thats is me in the profile piture, was taken in Canada a few years ago when I was over there competing in the Penticton B.C Ironman.
Is your daughter entering the Ironman at Sherborne England in September?
Oscar my Bedlington & I are currently in training for the London marathon in April.
Davie.

Keira said...

Thank you very muh maureen. My friend who breeds bedlingtons also wanted to know. She likes his shape and the beautiful colour.

stu said...

Maurice is bred from an amalgum of show and working stock. His sire is Scarlet Emperor of Plashett (lots of Granitor and Gutchcommon) and his dam is Lowbrook Lilo Lil (Lots of Highquest and Foggyfurze) who won the Open Class at the BTA Champ show a few years ago. He's a superb natured dog unless you happen top be small and furry and not a dog.

Keira said...

:-))))
Thank you!!!

Keira said...

I take Maurice is your dog sue. I'm not very good at this site (quite new here) and blog-things, but I would have a few questions about him. Is there anywhere else I can write?

Keira said...

Sorry maureen, I've just read your comment too (carefully enough). So I can ask you too. Is here OK?