14 January 2008


Monday and it is time to hear from our young reporter Victoria

We started obedience on Monday, Jack was quite good until two new dogs came in, Jack went mad and wouldn't even play with me! He is fine with the dogs that were in his group last year, but any new dog he will go mad for. On Thursday ringcraft started again, Jack was quite good but when someone swapped my show lead for theirs, Jack was much better. We have bought one from the internet so now he will be even easier for me to handle in the ring. Also on Thursday I tried to show a Lowchen (or a LITTLE LION DOG)called Thomas. He was fun to show but very fast! I have been practicing very hard for my next show and Jack is getting better every time. Good luck on any shows you are going to,
love Victoria and Jack xxx
That is a great photo of Jack Victoria, he certainly has got his Mum and dad's good looks! Dog showing and handling is fun but you have to put in a lot of hard work, we are all very proud of you!

7 comments:

Madeline said...

Aren't you doing well victoria. I started dog classes yesterday - having left it much later than you did - and I realised just how much harder I needed to work with Thandi. So well done you.

enid said...

Keep up the up good work.
You were very brave to handle another dog. I tried to show a Kerry Blue puppy at the Terrier Club of South Wales Show and she pulled me all around the ring! A 7 year old junior handler called Libby took her in to her class and she behaved beautifully!

maureen said...

Victoria you are learning fast, you do have to be happy with your lead,then you will feel more in controll.

well done Madaline,are your classes in London or Swansea?

Madeline said...

The classes are on Sunday mornings in Finsbury Park in London, Maureen. The idea is to get that elusive bronze award! The problem is I'll want to be in Wales a lot from February, so will miss some classes.

Tina W said...

You'll have to find classes in Wales when you're there Madeline!!

Madeline said...

You're right Tina. I'll look around. However, the trainers must be kind to owners - it's very easy to feel very shown up. Thandi was very good on Sunday - but looked nervous when we had to perform. My fault!! And perhaps I need a grooming course. I can't send Maureen any pics of TT at the moment as I have trimmed her face. Enough said!

Tina W said...

I wouldn't worry Madeline-sometimes my dogs need bags on their heads when I've taken the scissors to them-you've got to learn somehow.