28 February 2008

Thursday and its NorthEast Natterings from Mark
As I type we are again enjoying very nice weather in the North East, with sun pouring in through the window, the wind is still however rather nippy! An enjoyable day at MBTC on Saturday, but didnt the time fly? A very good atmosphere is always assured at this show. It was well worth the trip down for the entrants from the North East show fraternity.
The next day saw Easington & Peterlee C/S show, held at the Nissan Sports Centre near Sunderland, every time I visit this venue I promise it will be the last, but continue to go. Due to the number of entrants of this popular show, space around the rings becomes very tight, to the extent that it is unbearable, no space to even move around with your dogs, or even gain access to the rings. Anyway Sunday was definetley the last time I will enter for that venue!
It was 'M's last local open show, so had hoped to go out on a win, never mind, can't have it all ways. Congratulations to Craigs BOB. Hopefully Derek enjoyed his judging appointment & entry.
Dawn kept everyone amused with her antics, feeling & looking slightly the worse for wear, not to worry, its only your birthday once a year, you enjoy it!
Mathew had Blue at training class on Tuesday, he's growing into a handsome lurcher, with a head to die for.
All my dogs were feeling sorry for there selves after a visit to the vets for blood tests, just laid in their beds for hours, limping around in the house with their coloured stretch bandages on! They all had purple except 'D' who had a illuminous green one attached. They soon perked up when I cut them off & asked if they wanted to go out for a walk.
Bye for now, need to go help my mate Welf to finish of the fence around the decking.
Catch you soon,
Mark
Aren't Bedlingtons big softees, I know when one of mine gets a litte twig caught on their leg hair it is the end of the world, yet when a massive big dog threatens they would fight it off rather than run away!

12 comments:

big mo said...

You are right there Mark there should be Oscar's just for Bedlington's

Tina W said...

Aww the wounded soldiers!

patricia said...

they look so lovely, larry gets a leaf on him he walks on 3 legs until we pull it off, all i keep saying is oh leo is doing the same as larry, they have the same way of laying, the same way of looking, wonderful

Tina W said...

Mark why didn't they take the blood from the neck?

Mark - Janmark Bedlingtons said...

Hi Tina, my vets always take it from the inside of the front legs.

Why would they take it from the neck? Unless the vet dong the blood could find a vein easier there?

I'd run like mad if my doctor tried to take my blood from my neck.

Tricia said...

They must all be the same when they get a leaf/twig on their leg or foot. My 4 do the same thing, they jump like some lassoed them.

Tina W said...

I thought they took from the neck as it's arterial blood ,the blood in the leg is from a vein.

harry b said...

when is the next get together mark

matthew - seaofiron bedlingtons said...

easter sunday.
23rd??

Mark - Janmark Bedlingtons said...

Its the 23rd Harry, will you be going?
I presume you have been before as you seem to know me?

matthew - seaofiron bedlingtons said...

blue's in practice for his first lurcher show.

harry b said...

thanks mark,i will try and get along.