29 March 2008

29th March in memory of Mollie
I wanted to send this to you as it would have been to the day when I found her in 2001.
Mollie was everything a bedlington should be stong willed, would love been loved wouldn't take any messing about from any other dog
I will start on that date myself and a friend were going shopping close to where I live, all of the cars stopped and then drove off and as we got to that place there was a little dog very thin very mucky and very matted with these brown eyes that melted my heart. I went over to see if it was ok to find that her leg was hurt some one had run her over and drove off. Me being a big softy put her in the back of the car and took her to my local vets to be told that she was a bedlington terrier that was going to need a lot of TLC to get her back to being a dog and that she was going to have to stay with them for a few days until she was a bit stronger. So I went home and told Ken that we were getting this dog he wasn't happy at first but I talked him round so a week later I was able to bring this little girl home they shaved her bald as she was so matted so she looked like a skinned rabbit.
For the first week she slept and ate that was it but as the time went on this little girl started to show us what she was made of, the vets thought she was nine years old and told me to give her as good a few months as he couldn't see her lasting any longer. He was so wrong this little girl became my life she went everywhere with me, loved the car we were a double act, she is also the reason why I got in contact with the rescue and wanted to be part of that which I did for over 4 years and loved it
Then 2006 two days before Christmas a day I will never forget Mollie slept in our room and about 3 am she had woken me not very well so we went downstairs but she wasn't happy so at about 6.30 I rang the vet who told me to bring her in at 8 and they would check her over. So off we went to the vet they checked and said all was ok so went home kept a close on her and went shopping ready for Xmas. With ken at home about 2 pm I got a call from ken and all he said was get home now Mollie had fallen off the chair and could not get up, land speed record was broken to get her to the vets but on the way I knew I wasn't going to be bringing her home and spent about 5 mins in the car park just kissing her as we got to the vet. She fell into a coma and there was nothing they could do she died in my arms, she was the best dog in the world Mollie was 15 years old when she died and we had her for over 6 years not bad for a dog they gave 6 months
Mollie born 1991-2006 aged 15
Julie Oxbury
What can we say Julie after reading this, there won't be a dry eye on the blog! Little Mollie had a wonderful six years with you, never to be forgotton.

10 comments:

Marie said...

Such a sad story, but you gave her six wonderful years and you can be proud of that.

matthew - seaofiron bedlingtons said...

well done julie.
what a madam molly was!
her and skye had an agreement, you don't come near me and i won't come near you!!
she went down hill so fast, i groomed her a week before you lost her and remember at the time she was fine and full of herself.
it may have been the shock of me grooming her!!! lol
but serious she had a good innings, even won best veteran at dormanstown dog show, and you've got 2 good dogs now.

i'm sure molly and skye have bumped into each other at the rainbow bridge and are best of friends now.

long live molly.

matthew

Tricia said...

Julie, I"m so sorry at your loss of Mollie & so thrilled that you found her and gave her a wonderful life, bless you for that. They come into you lives & go out of our lives, always leaving us much better people, because of them.

big mo said...

Julie you gave her a great life well done.

matthew - seaofiron bedlingtons said...

have you been to selby mo??

mw

gwen said...

How sad Julie.At least she knew she was well cared for and loved.

Tina W said...

Really touching tribute to a little lady who had a great time with you and left her mark for ever.

patricia said...

julie, hang on I will have to get a hankie,what a beautiful story, and thank god you were there to rescue her lol

Marie said...

by Susan A. Jackson

May I go now?
Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain filled days
and endless lonely nights?

I've lived my life and done my best,
an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond
and set my spirit free?

I didn't want to go at first,
I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now
to a warm and loving light.

I want to go. I really do.
It's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can
to live just one more day.

To give you time to care for me
and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and afraid,
because I see your tears.

I'll not be far, I promise that,
and hope you'll always know
that my spirit will be close to you
wherever you may go.

Thank you so for loving me.
You know I love you, too.
That's why it's hard to say goodbye
and end this life with you.

So hold me now just one more time
and let me hear you say,
because you care so much for me,
you'll let me go today.

dawn de bussey bedlingtons said...

remebering my dayes shared with moll julie alwayes made herself at home loved beinging groomed and a beloved freind to me rest in peace dear molley you were loved dearley