23 March 2008

A lovely Easter Day story from our Trish over the pond
Sorry to be getting this out so late. I have been busy hopping down the bunny trail and getting things together for Easter. Not much to report, so I thought I would tell an Easter story about one of my first bedlingtons, he was my first bedlington and his name was "Buck". Buck loved eggs, hard cooked eggs. Whenever I would put them on the stove to cook & he heard them making noise in the pan he would come and sit at the stove. At Easter time he would help with the Easter Egg Hunt when my kids were little.......he was VERY good at finding those eggs. The funny thing was, he would find them, pick them up and bring them to me. He never once cracked a shell or tried to eat one. If the weather was permitting I would hide the plastic eggs outside in the yard. I would fill these eggs with M&m's and the kids loved running around looking for them.......so did Buck.....he didn't care that they didn't smell like and egg......they were egg-shaped & he could find them quicker than the kids. Once again he would find them and bring them to me, he never tried to get at the goodies inside! He was the only one of my bedlingtons that did that. I got Buck on New Years Day, 1981, he was with me til age 15 years. Every Easter I miss his antics with the Egg Hunt, even after all these years. He was a very special boy. Happy Easter to everyone. I hope you have lovely weather to enjoy the day. "Til next week..........
What a lovely Easter Day story Trish. Buck will hold special memories for you every Easter

3 comments:

Tina W said...

Lovely story Trish-unfortunately our weather has been terrible this Easter-parts of the country have snow plus we have really strong cold winds-the bunnies will have stayed in their burrows.

Sue & Liza said...

Buck sounds like a real star, bless him. I can't imagine many dogs exercising that much self restraint! Nice story, thanks Trish.

big mo said...

ISN'T IT LOVELY TO READ STORY'S LIKE THAT COULD WE SEE A PHOTO OF THE BUCK THE EGG MAN, sorry about the caps