14 November 2008

Friday and we tune in to Madeline with:

The not-the-London news!

As I'm in Limeslade for a couple of weeks, supporting my 92 year old aunt through her second cataract operation. There were complications with both eyes, but the outcome has been good for the left eye, and the signs are good for the right one. As she had extremely poor vision before, this is excellent news. As a thank you for the help, she wants to knit Thandi a winter coat. I don't much like the knitting pattern I've managed to get hold of. Does anyone have a favourite pattern they could recommend?
Talking of coats, I put Thandi in her rain coat today, as they weather was so bad. She hates it, and didn't want to walk in it - or the rain! You can probably see why!

Does my bum look big in this?

We travelled down on Monday, through flooded roads - and that was at Highgate! The motorway was awash, which is never pleasant; I'm always pleased when I can see the Mumbles Lighthouse in the distance, which means we are almost there. The last time we came down to Wales, we drove through a snow blizzard. I hope these aren't omens for the winter. Fortunately, Thandi is an excellent car passenger - always has been, right from the day in 2005 when I collected her from Mo and Elwyn at the Three Counties Show, and drove her to Limeslade in an oversize crate propped on the back seat. Zack is a nightmare in the car, arising from who knows what in his youth, before he was rescued. He paces the back seat, oblivious to Thandi, who tries to keep out of his way to avoid being trampled on. Good job they're friends!

A muddy day out with the girsl at half term - can you see the disappearing bedlington?

Thank you Madeline for our Friday's not the London news .I don't think there can be very many dog coat knitting patterns about but I would like one as Jon's mum is a great at knitting. Thandi does not look too happy in her rain coat. It looks a bit big for her on the shoulders, I don't think it is what a girl about town should be seen in, not enough street cred!

12 comments:

Sue and Liza said...

Well, I might have just the thing for all you knitters out there! I've been meaning to send details about this group to Lesley for a while and haven't got around to it, so this is a good reminder. Take a look at
www.k9knitters.co.uk
Volunteers knit coats and jumpers which are then sold via the website and 100% of the money raised is donated to dog rescue charities. They have knitting patterns available and can also supply wool and needles to you if required, as they receive donations of those items from people too. So perhaps you can knit your own doggies jumpers and a couple extra to donate to K9 knitters to help rescue dogs!

Sue and Liza said...

Hi Thandi, I think you look good in your raincoat. My best friend Maddie has the same coat I think, but hers is bright orange! I have a yellow mac myself as I absolutely hate the rain and won't go out in it (even when I REALLY need to, if you know what I mean!)Love from Millie xx

big mo said...

Looks as though you may get a good patern there Madaline,,, I love your story and the photo's are great the children are having a ball, Thandy is saying I am off.?

big mo said...

I must say I love the seat.

Madeline said...

Thanks Sue and Liza - I'll get onto the website pronto. Knitting keeps my aunt awake in the afternoons.
I don't think Thandi will be wearing the coat again - and she didn't 'perform' until the rain stopped either!

enid said...

Why don't you take a photo of Thandi looking at the Mumbles Lighthouse? I think people all over the world would appreciate how lovely the setting is.
I'm going to look at the knitting pattern.

big mo said...

Justa had a peep at the patterns I love the greyhound one.

big mo said...

There are a lot of dog patterns on Amazon

big mo said...

Madaline and Lesley,,, I have been on Ebay there are loads of patterns for dog coats on there from 99 pence have a look.

tnbedlington said...

I knit and have a whole book of coats and sweaters for furry children. If anyone wants patterns just email me.


Deb

David Bruce said...

Well, I guess as most of you are locked into very poor fluffy open coats, you need to dress your terrier(derived from tough sporting dogs)in such ridiculous doggie garments.
It's only rain.............

Tina W said...

Good report Madeline-happy knitting!!