30 November 2008

Sunday and we hear from Tricia across the pond on Oracoke Island

Thursday was Thanksgiving Day here in the USA, so al ot of cooking was going on...it is also the official kick off to the Christmas season & the day after Thanksgiving is the busiest shopping day of the year. The dogs had a good dinner, turkey, gravy, sweet potatoes, green beans.....they were very thankful! I spent the day being sick, some sore throat, stuffy, headache, yucky thing, that fortunately didn't last long as I was better yesterday and MUCH better today. Saturday night was my last day of work for the season!!!! YEAH!!! The tourist will go away and we will get the island back to ourselves!! It will be very quiet here over the next few months, but that is what I love about it. It is a dreary overcast day today, but at least no snow like Marie had. The dogs had a very quiet week with me being sick, they spent a lot of time keeping me warm under a blanket on the sofa. They are such a pack of loves. Funny how they know when you are not yourself and try in their own way to cheer you. So hopefully I will be able to make it up to them with lots of walks this week. Well I am off to try to catch up with all the stuff I have neglected to do this week.....until later....toodles.
Thanks Tricia pleased you are feeling better, enjoy your Island over the next few months, I have written to Santa and asked if he could bring you a camera for Christmas. We would so love to meet Willo, Greyson, Rose, Amelia and little Storey!

3 comments:

Tina W said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better,now all the tourists have gone you deserve a little me time.

Trish said...

Santa was online looking at cameras yesterday (tee hee)...then I will flood you....I can send you some older piccys if you like? Thanks for the well wishes.

big mo said...

Glad you are better, old photos would be great.