24 January 2009


Saturday and we say hello to Marie up in Scotland


Well another wet and windy week has just passed. We have had some snow too, which the dogs seem to love although they don't realise that they're still getting wet until they come back indoors. A year ago I was counting the days to getting Briagha as a puppy. I was also slightly anxious as to how she would get on with Cody, but every day I laugh at the antics of the pair of them. They are such good pals. Briagha does like more attention though, and if I make a fuss of Cody she is not amused and has to muscle in for her share of affection. She will also latch on to any vistors I have and follow them around like a wee lamb, which is sweet.
This week I'm sending a pic of Score bay. I went up there last weekend, the waves were crashing against the rocks but I'm trying a new technique and this was shot over 66 seconds. It gives the water a dreamy, almost dry ice look. Its not everyone's taste I know, but I'd appreciate bloggers opinions.
Wow Marie, gosh such a dreamy photo quite amazing, I think it is great it makes me think of what I might see if I visited another planet with that orangy colouring!

12 comments:

Maria H said...

I think the photo is amazing, I thought it was a painting with the fantastic colours that bounce about. Its dreamy, the kind of thing you would use in a fantasy illustration.

Tina W said...

Yes it certainly is great-the colours are amazine-you expect to see a mermaid coming out the water.

Madeline said...

Agreed - a truly amazing photo. You are abviously good at experimenting, to great effect. As to bedlies following visitors around, Thandi makes such a fuss of friends, as if to say'see, I don't really need you' - until she thinks I might be leaving! Then its a very different story.

billy said...

is that Score Bay on Mars or Jupiter ? i can never remember.

Trish said...

Wow Marie the photo is smashing, I love it. You are very talanted with the camera. Do you frame your photos and sell them? My friend here that does photography, has some of her matted and framed ( she does that herself) & sells them in the shops here & does quiet well. It is a hobby for her. She will do weddings too. Your photos are so wonderful I bet the tourists would eat them up!

enid said...

Truly fantastic photograph. You must have a professional camera to take shots like this.

Marie said...

Thanks for comments on the photo.
Billy it is Mars ;-)
Trish I frame them as Christmas pressies, and also donate some to the hospice where my sister works.

julie o said...

marie you are getting good love this one

Sue and Liza said...

Fantastic photo Marie, we both love it and agree with all the comments above.
As a result of lengthy research - and thanks to your & Elaine's input on the Canon/Nikon debate! - we should be getting our new DSLRs this week with a bit of luck - can't wait to start playing!

patricia said...

David is into photography, and he says he loves this picture, did one of a waterfall last year, its so mystic. love to br. and co. from larry and leo.

Marie said...

What camera did you settle for Sue/Liza?

Sue and Liza said...

Well we're splashing out on two so that we don't fight over whose turn it is LOL! We've been through so much getting the house done over the last year and didn't really 'do' Christmas - other than getting Mabel :) - so we're treating ourselves to a Canon EOS 450D and a 40D. At least we can share lenses!