28 February 2009

A note from Tricia in the USA
What do you wear to show at Cruft's? Here in the USA Westminister is probably right up there with Cruft's. Best in Show here, is judged by judges wearing Tuxes, for men & formal gowns for women. The people exhibiting are pretty dressed up, men in suits, women, almost exclusively in dresses and of course the sensible shoes. I guess I will find out when I watch it on the computer, but just wanted your input.
Tricia, Greyson, Rose ,Willo ,Amelia & Storey (My Woofs in Sheeps Clothing)
Gosh Tricia what are dresses??? I don't posses one! I don't know anyone who shows in frocks, and I can only think of one lady who regularly exhibits in a skirt with a smart jacket! Saying this a lot of lady judges will wear skirts.

10 comments:

Tina W said...

Because we have to kneel down with the dogs I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a dress or skirt.

Trish said...

Then kneel down here with the dogs in the line up, especially the small dogs. I NEVER feel comfortable in a skirt or dress. I always feel life an oaf...but that is a whole other story. lol

big mo said...

Trish I am one f those ladies who wears a smart dress.

Tina W said...

Big Mo may your nose grow 10 feet!!You would never be seen in a dress with your little bits of cotton dangling down!

big mo said...

HEY i have been to the gym i have been working on the legs and there is a big improvement,you wait and see,?

Tina W said...

Does that mean you'll be sporting shorts when fishing??? In Scotland wee skinny legs are called spurtles!

big mo said...

In Wales thin legs are called chicken legs, but they take me wherever i want to go and pretty fast sometimes.

Tina W said...

Yes I know you have to sometimes make a quick exit!

big mo said...

I shall not awnser that,

DEREK LEWIS said...

Hi Tricia

most folk at Crufts will be in their favourite dog show attire.

But how different today than from dog shows of yesterday. When you look at some of the old photographs the men would all be wearing trilbies and most would have a fag in their hands or mouths.

The Makem