21 February 2009


Saturday news from Marie Skye

( sorry it is late but only just got back from Maidenhead)

I have visitors here this weekend, so the dogs are loving the company. Briagha is starting to mature ever so slightly (although still very much a daft puppy the rest of the time). In the blink of an eye she can disappear into a bedroom or the kitchen and have her nose in everyone's belongings, and before you know it she's chewing on receipts etc.
She does have a lovely friendly nature though and just loves everyone. Cody is more laid back now as he's almost 3 yrs old (soon be time for that pork pie!). At least he can be trusted not to cause havoc, and he does like to lie on a bit in the morning although Briagha doesn't give him peace. This week I'm sending a pic from two weeks back, of the red hills covered in snow. Even the river was frozen over but the scenery was gorgeous.
Marie
Thanks Marie another really outstanding photo! I don't think Bedlingtons ever really grow up, Parker is 5 this year and still has silly puppy zoomies, it is lovely to see them happy.

13 comments:

e.tuck said...

Fantastic photo - soooo wish I had half your talent. Notalgia setting in too - we'll be up there in 4 weeks - is it too much to hope there will still be snow on the tops.

My too are just the same - Lily is up with the larks and bouncing around the house, Mac can still be found in his bed at lunchtime, grumbling away as Lily (heavily disguised as Zebidee) bounces on his head)

big mo said...

I can not get over that sky that is wild.

Sally said...

Beautiful photography Marie - you are so talented.

Mark - Janmark Bedlingtons said...

Ive spent 35 minutes looking for the bedlington & still cannot spot any?

Excellent photo though!!

Tina W said...

Another great photo-My boy is not a morning dog and likes to lie in later than the girls-he too grunbles if anyone goes near him! Mark the group I couldn't remember was the Beautiful South!!

mel said...

fantastic photo!x

e.tuck said...

Aahhh Mark - should have gone to Spec Savers!!!

Trish said...

Whew!! I'm glad it isn't just Amelia....she is just a bit older than Briagha, but a complete puppy still. I keep waiting for her to turn into a little lady. I won't hold my breath! Like you say though, she loves everyone and is so sweet. Great photo Marie. I always look forward to Saturday and your report & photo.

patricia said...

Lovely photo Marie, I might want to buy one from you what is your website, Larry loves to sleep he comes up to the bedroom in the evening to get out of leos way. He can be soundo and leo bites his neck chews his legs, and he still wont wake up, then he gets a ball and shoves it in his face. No response. Leo can also be very nervy, is Bri. Marie. x

Marie said...

Thanks folks for the comments.
Elaine, where are you staying when you're up here?

Pat, Briagha doesnt seem really nervy but does get get timorous sometimes and does that 'limbo dance' walk with the tail tucked under her when she thinks she's going to get a row for something.

Oh the website is http://treblecel.smugmug.com/ but dont purchase from there as shipping costs are too dear. (Email me on treblecel@aol.com if you're interested in a pic and I can get you a deal).

e.tuck said...

Braes - no. 3 Gedintailor I think - just us and the dogs this time - no children tagging along so far - wanted a peaceful week before I have to go back to work. Nice contempory cottage with views to die for and the sea at the bottom of the garden. Can't wait.

Marie said...

Thats not that far from where you were last time :-)

patricia said...

Thanks Marie, will have a browse, and thanks for the info on B,Leo does that crouchy walk even when I pick him up. I think people think I beat him up.Looking at him at the moment, its a dogs life!