22 February 2009

Sunday and we hear from Tricia on Oracoke Island USA
Oracoke Lighthouse
Sorry I am a bit late today, but having not worked for as long as I have, I am starting to loose track of what day it is! The return to work is approaching to fast for me! After bright sunshine all week, today we have a case of the drearies, with rain. And still no grass!! Not even a blade! Congratulations to everyone on the weekends shows. It sounds like everybody had a great time with some impressive wins. All is quiet here, not much EVER happens on Ocracoke. Vet day was Wednesday, so we had a nutty day as usual. Friday my new carpet gets installed, so I am making plans of where I am going to put my furniture....tucking it all away here and there in the house. I think all of us will be sequestered in a bedroom for the day, because they are carpeting the main area of the house. I don't think the installers would appreciate 5 bedlingtons helping them! So that is going to prove to be an interesting day. The girls have been taking turns helping me "kitty sit". Willo and Storey are the best at this....I took Amelia last night with Willo and Storey & I don't think Kitty was happy to see 3 dogs, especially goofy Amelia who just wanted to eat her cat food. Storey continues to thrive. Her coat is coming in thick and tight twists on her head and neck. After the new carpet is in everyone is getting a tubby and a haircut. I will be anxious to see how the dogs, especially Storey react to the change in floor covering, the feel and the smells. Anyone have any experience with this? I am sure if I think one of them is going to have a problem with it, they probably will, so I have to get that out of my mind! Between digging up the front yard, and now changing all the floor coverings, these dogs are going to be confused. Although they have adapted very well to the little strip of grass left out in the yard for potty & it is much easier clean up for me with everything in one place!
It looks like with all the wonderful dogs out there that you all have been showing, that this show season is going to be very competitive and a lot of fun. I am looking forward to reading about all of it. Only a couple of weeks until Cruft's and the Bedlington Speciality here in the USA, I think they are the same weekend. Our bedlington friend from Israel, Hessel, is coming to the USA for the first time with one of his dogs for the Speciality. I am excited to hear from him and what he thinks of the show. Everyone have a great week. The daffodils are up here, the robins are back as are the blue jays (they eat all the cat food I put out for my cat!). The birds are all atwitter in the trees eating the cedar berries.
Tricia, Greyson, Rose ,Willo ,Amelia & Storey (My Woofs in Sheeps Clothing
Thanks Tricia definitely an air of spring in your letter with new carpets, daffodils, blue jays and robins. Certainly we have seen a mild weekend here too but still too early for us to think of the lazy hazy days of summer!

7 comments:

Sarah and Tony said...

Did you have carpet before? We have stone and wood floors downstairs where Ed and Ossie are allowed. Carpet is a bit of a novelty, and when we visity other people Ed especially loves rolling on it. My mother in law calls it his break-dancing!
Sarah

Trish said...

Yes I do have carpet now, the new stuff will be a bit more plushy, I think the dogs will like that. They do that "break-dance" rolling every morning on the throw rugs.

Mark - Janmark Bedlingtons said...

Our dogs are the same, its hilarious when they all start on a small rug!

We dont have any carpets.

big mo said...

well i wonder if one will do a wee.

Trish said...

I am wondering the same thing Mo....if there is a wee, it will be Storey.

Lesley 2 said...

It is fantastic that Hessel is showing over there at the speciality,it sure is a long way for hime to travel. I do hope there will some photos of the event

Trish said...

He is meeting and staying at Linda Freeman's as is Malin, then they will all drive to Lousiville KY from the Washington DC area where Linda lives together. I think he will have so much fun....I can't wait to hear about it. I believe he is bringing Styler.