23 February 2009

Tuesday and it is Tina Time
Tina and the bedlies won the fancy dress at the last Midland Fun Day. Don't forget to put May 31st in your diary. Camping avaiable, why not take a short break and make time to visit the Cotswold villages and Stratford upon Avon!

Good morning bloggers , I hope that you are all enjoying this spell of mild weather that is such a welcome after all the cold and snow that we had. Hopefully tomorrow I will manage to get time in the garden and start the clean-up, It is needing a spruce up and most definitely all the holes in the lawn need filled in and grass seeds sewn again!!
I enjoyed the MBTC show on Saturday, it was a nice day and Brian Cleveley was checking the outside ring when we arrived, unfortunately it was just that bit too chilly to have it outside-that would have been a 1st for the February show! The AGM finished on time which meant that lunch didn't have to be hurried before judging started. There were quite a few new faces there which can only be a good thing for the breed. I was starting to panic last week as everyone had their Crufts passes apart from me-then on Friday afternoon someone posted them through my letter box-they must have been delivered to the wrong house, I was grooming at the time and didn't see the person to thank them but at least I now have them. what did surprise me was that I have not had any special offers or freebie vouchers this year, I didn't show last year but I know we've had offers and vouchers in previous years perhaps it's the credit crunch. It's good that it's our turn to be 1st in the ring as I prefer to show and then have a relaxing time to chat and shop rather than be last in and hanging around waiting. It's a long, busy ,tiring day but the biggest show of the year with fantastic shopping!!
As the days are getting longer the dogs seem to know spring is just around the corner and have been spending more time outdoors lying on the decking and itching themselves so yesterday the clippers were out and coats shaved off, Ellie my eldest had red itchy dry skin so I'm hoping that with her winter coat off and some spinach it will be less itchy for her-it usually works. Good luck to everyone showing at the weekend. 'Till next time Tina.
Thanks Tina, you are right no freebies or offers with the passes this year. The dog food companies must also be tightening their belts! Fantastic to have new faces at the Midland Show. With all the new puppy owners about I think maybe one of the breed clubs needs to think running about a grooming seminar. In the long run it is so much cheaper to trim your own dog be it a pet or show dog.

15 comments:

Sally said...

I for one would be up for a grooming seminar pleeeeease!

big mo said...

Tina perhaps they will send the freeby offers seperate you never know, and what do you think I have daffs and crocus popping there heads up. so spring is coming.

DEREK LEWIS said...

Is it Hiay Tina or Hiay Watha ??

The Makem

Sally said...

Hi Tina - I think you posted a message for me on another thread asking about my hand knitted socks - no I dont sell them as they are not really cost effective to sell - I would need to charge about 10 pounds a pair as I have to order special yarn - so I tend to just make them as gifts - if you would like a pair let me know what size and colour and I will send you some - I just like making them - it helps with my therapy!!! LoL

Madeline said...

Hi Tina - nice to see that fancy dress picture again. You've set the bar high for this year!

Tina W said...

Derek it was Minny ha ha!! lol
Sally I don't mind paying £10,I would like size 8 in any dark colour for my hubbys little freezing tootsies-bless him his feet are always cold! Thanks.Mo my daffs (well what's left in tubs from last year) are around 7 ins in height-there is 1 in the border that Isla couldn't have uprooted last year that Colin keeps cocking his leg on si it'll probably die!

Sally said...

Tina - no problem I will knit the poor man some up! I dont want paying honestly - it gives me something to do of an evening!

big mo said...

can i have a size 5 shoe please and yes you do need paying we have to pay in the shops for something not so good I have to keep my chilblane warm!!!!

Sally said...

LoL - Mo you can have some with pleasure - what colour would you like? Ok I am not happy about being paid for them - so how about if you like them you could donate to Beddie Rescue?

DEREK LEWIS said...

Big Mo

Socks and kippers, your getting spoilt.

The Makems

Tina W said...

What about some to you and some to rescue-I don't want you to be out of pocket-you might have to start playing poker to raise some funds!! lol.

Tina W said...

Are they not doing grooming at the fun day?

Sally said...

LOL Tina - actually I am at the Poker Regional on the sunday after Crufts - the prize for winning is £1000 however the closest I have got so far is 20th out of 200 people so a bit of a way to go still! But 1000 pound on sock wool sounds fantastic - Gav might have something to say about that though!

big mo said...

Hi there a dark colour please, green, navy, black, and you will get paid I promise


yes Derek I am on A roll, whatelse I say to myself.

Sally said...

Right have started first lot of socks for Tina's OH! Then its your turn Mo!