23 May 2009

Saturday The Sun Is Shinning Down Here In Oxfordshire, Today We Hear From Marie, In  What I Hope Is A Sunny Island Of  Skye

Its bank holiday weekend and I'm off work on Monday...yippee! I've also just become a great auntie again as my niece gave birth to a girl yesterday (Hannah), a baby sister for 3 fairy_glen_medyr old Grace. We've continued to be lucky with the weather up here for the most part, and combined with more daylight hours it is ideal for the dogs. Briagha has been suffering from an itchy red rash on her abdomen that keeps coming and going. I'm not sure what's causing it, the vet gave me some fuciderm gel to put on which seems to be helping. Has anyone else had this problem with their dog?

This week I'm sending a pic of the Fairy Glen in Skye. It is a magical place that is said to look like a 'miniature highlands' and is only up the road from me. I cant think why I haven't photographed it before now! Marie

Thanks Marie you are surrounded by glorious scenery, it must be fantastic just to be able stroll out in the morning to the Fairy Glen with dogs, enjoy your weekend. I can’t help with Briagha’s rash but maybe a blogger has had a similar experience with their dog.

11 comments:

gwen said...

Hi Marie, the fairy glen certainly does look magical.

Tina W said...

Oh what a lovely place it looks so tranquil.
The rash may be from thistles etc that are now through and she has rubbed over them.I rub aloe vera on when they have tummy rashes.

Elaine & Ern said...

Try Tina's tip Marie - it's great stuff. We use it if Mac get's a bit of razor rash under his chin.

big mo said...

Have you clipped her there or could be ants, nettles, midges.

Marie said...

I suspect its something in the garden thats causing it.
I'll give the aloe vera a try, thanks!

mel said...

wow another great pic! loki gets nettle rash when we been in long grass or the woods!

patricia said...

Leo had a rash on tum and legs, but it was harvest larvae, I used what you had but in spray, off the internet its cheaper, but hate using that sort of stuff really. good luck

victoria and mr.bojangles said...

you are so lucky to live on skye i was four when we went there great photo good luck with brighas tum

Sarah L said...

it looks amazing there. Great picture. It makes me want to be there!

bill said...

great photo Marie,got any of the wildlife

Karen Goldsbrough said...

Fab picture Marie.
Congratulations on your new addition Baby Hannah x