17 May 2009

Sunday and we hear what Tricia and the woofs have been up to on Oracoke Island USA

Good afternoon everyone (it's still morning here), It has been a pretty quiet week here and I wasn't quite sure what I was going to talk about & then I got an email from a bedlington friend, who lives in North Carolina and also has one of the rescue bedlingtons from the group I got Storey from, this dogs name is Lily and Karen is her owner. She sent me a photo of Lily's back which had a huge chemical burn on it from where she had used K9 Advantix. Have any of you had adverse affects from using this product? Or does anyone use it? She said soon after she applied it Lily started acting strange, laying on her back and twitching her legs and then she would run under the bed. Poor little thing. I do believe she is feeling better now, but what a scare for Karen and I imagine for Lily too. I was just cuious if anyone else has any info on this product. I hope it is alright to talk about this here. On an other note, congratulations to Viv on her win at the SKC and to everyone that entered and competed. Well done. One of the things I do miss about being near anything is going to dog shows. I used to drag my kids to one every weekend when they were young. The island is starting to get busy. We have had a TON of wedding here, 5 yesterday, seems everyone wants to get married in Orcacoke. We did a reception yesterday for a small wedding of 50 people. Wedding are always fun to do because everyone is so happy and they always think everything was perfect. It is hard to believe but we do get a lot of surly people on vacation that you just can't do anything right for! I can never figure it out. The weather here has been windy and beautiful 80 degrees. The garden is flourishing....speaking of which....I have a lot of clay pots lined up on my deck in which I am trying to grow lavender. The other morning the dogs were out there doing their morning sunning and I look out and there is Storey with all for paws in a medium flowerpot balancing precariously in the pot trying to get a better look over the side of the deck. I went to get my camera, but she had managed to tumble out whilst I was inside....what a funny site she was! She is quite a character. Her birthday will be coming up on 29 May and she will be 3. I am off to finish my Sunday routine and prepare for the vet invasion on Wednesday....I always make them something for lunch and this week I think I will use some of the fresh basil from my garden. Until next week....
Tricia, Greyson, Rose ,Willo ,Amelia & Storey (My Woofs in Sheeps Clothing)
Living the dream and making the magic happen!
Thank you Tricia, poor Lily, I think Enid had a problem with using an anti flea product but I can't remember the product she used. Some dogs seem very allergic to the chemicals in these spot on treatments. 80 degrees how lovely you would not want to be here today, cold wet windy and thoroughly miserable! The wedding reception sounded like fun I expect you get caught up in the party atmosphere!

5 comments:

patricia said...

send us some sunshine, its freezing here and windy and all my french irises have blown down, again, and I have lost two lovely big choisya, oh well, good job I am not doing the open garden scheme this year. eh!!lovely to read your news.

Trish said...

Sorry but our warmth and sunshine got blown away when a cold front came through yesterday evening....temp dropped 10 degress in about 30 mintues, wind shifted NE at about 40 mph, it was cold, blowing and raining sideways when I got up this morning...the dogsd just looked at me when I told them "time for outside"....they thought I was kidding I guess.. At least the garden is getting a nice watering..

big mo said...

If our weather dropped 10 deg we would be in our long jons, you are so lucky.

Trish said...

I am in my long johns Mo!! I can't abide the cold in any way.

enid said...

I have had problems with the anti flea preparation called Frontline. Both Larry and Fizz had an allergic reaction to it and had bald patches on their bodies which took over six months to clear up. They didn''t scratch or appear to be bothered by it but it looked awful. Ecco had the same treatment with no side effects at all.