29 September 2009

Tuesday And We Here From The Midlands And Mrs Graham!

JANEExhibitors If you don’t do as I say you will put you in detention!!!!!

Well the weather men finally got it right and the dogs and us have been enjoying the Indian summer. The garden has become so dry and dusty when the dogs come indoors from lying out in the sun they bring all kinds of detritus in with them. Stella has been busy munching on the over ripe figs that I missed. As for the squirrels that tease them while performing acrobatics from our eucalyptus tree to the bird feeders in next doors garden, well heaven help them if they fall. Archie visited Lisa, our vet Monday evening she was very pleased with him and felt he was holding his own .She has the most wonderful rapport with animals and seems to be able to put them at ease in what must be a very stressful situation. The medication he is on has changed his appetite totally, he has gone from having very little interest in food to being a food obsessive! On Saturday I took on the role of assistant steward at the Midland Bedlington Terrier Club Open Show. My mentor was the excellent Dr Hefin Jones, I hope I wasn't too much of a pain and did as I was told! I was reminded just the other week what a very small world this is. While passing the canal lock on our daily walk we met a lady from Yorkshire holidaying on her barge, she instantly recognised the dogs as bedlingtons and proceeded to tell me her friend had bred, shown and exported them all over the world until recently when she retired. Naturally curious I asked who it could be , Pat Hall she replied, (breeder/owner of Archie's .dad) needless to say I introduced her to the relations and sent our best wishes to Pat & Brian. Good luck to everyone with their newly acquired puppies, make sure you enjoy every minute as they grow so very quickly. Best wishes to one and all and may the Indian summer go on and on and on! Jane xxx

Thank you Jane, I am so pleased that Archie has found a new lease of life, is well and happy and eating for England. I hope you enjoyed your day stewarding, I steward just once a year for our local open show and really enjoy the day. The only trouble is Jane is if I were the judge in your ring I think I might be a little frightened you would tell me off!!! Joking apart a great photo certainly made me laugh!

9 comments:

chris worrall said...

You do look very scary Jane!

julie o said...

you made a great steward jane and great report this week

karen said...

great report jane

Donna said...

blimey jane, looks like you have a cane in the other hand. great shot!

my gardens so dry aswell my lawn is looking awful today

k9 said...

the k9 marshal crew thinks that jane should take over on weakest link from ann robinson couse she is very scary in that pose all she wants now is the wink

JC@HomeComputerHelp said...

Good one Ian I think shw ould be brilliant as a host on the Weakest Link!

bill said...

you look very profesional Jane

Anne said...

Attagirl, Jane - great photo. Luka's delighted to hear the old man is eating heartily and doing well. That's the kind of news we like.
Anne

J&T said...

Hi Anne, great to hear from you on Bedlington Pictures. Yes we do take each day at a time but so far Archies bearing up very well. Now for those of you that don,t know my mother was an English teacher, so no surprises there! As for Anne Robinson there,s one huge difference between us, she,s loaded lol!
Jane xxx