22 February 2010

Monday And We Say Hello To Victoria


on Monday at obedience we concentrated on making the dogs happy while doing the exercises, Rose reacted really well to this and I will be using a high pitched, excitable voice more often in dog training. On Thursday we took Rose up to ring craft and worked on getting her used to heel without jumping up at me or biting the lead. We gave Rose a lot of goes and by the end of it, she was really good. on Saturday we took Jack and Rose to Maidenhead And District Open show. There were lots of breeds in front of bedlingtons, so we had a long time to chat to each other and get our dogs ready. it was Sarah and George’s new puppies (chief and violet) debut show, and they looked gorgeous. Rose was very good at walking but was a bit wriggly on the table. She got 2nd. well done to Chris Harris with Hattie. Jack behaved very well and got reserve. Well done to Pat with Johnny, who got BOB. I made a few silly handling mistakes as a few minutes before entering the ring with Rose,I split my trousers!!! Sadly on the way home my dad told me that my guinea pig George had passed away that morning. He was 6 years old and we all miss him.


I would like to thank Louise for the chocolates, we collected the box from the show yesterday, what a special treat plenty for the whole family! Our next dog show is Crufts. see you all soon lots of love Victoria, Rose and Jack Bojangles


DSC_0002Thank you Victoria, so sorry about George, six is a very good age for a guinea pig, you must have loved him and taken great care of him! It was lovely to see Rose, how she has changed since the grooming seminar, she is growing into a very pretty young dog. I think we have all at some split our trousers Victoria, you need not have worried as no one noticed! Not long now until Crufts, are you entered in the Good Citizen Class?

6 comments:

Agathasmum Louise said...

Hi Victoria, I'm so glad you and your family are going to enjoy the chocolates. I remember splitting my jodhpurs once when I was show jumping, so I know how you felt. Lesley's right though, no-one else notices!

enid said...

Think positive, Victoria - Mumwill have to buy you new ones for Crufts.
Sorry about George but I think 6 was quite old for a guinea pig and he must have had a very happy home with your family.

Tina W said...

Sorry to hear about George-he lived to a good age. That's always been my dread that I split my trousers-still you had a nice day!

Trish said...

Well done Victoria. Rose looks wonderful. I am sorry about George. Six is quiet old for a guinea pig. He must have been well cared for. I could tell you a funny story about a guinea pig I had when I was a kid. I am so looking forwaard to hear about all at Cruft's. It is just around the corner.

Jill said...

So sorry about little George, guinea pigs are such lovely pets. I'm sure you will miss him, but it sounds like he had a good life.

ed and rebecca said...

Well done Victoria and Rose you are both looking very grown up. Well done to Hattie and Cody too. Sorry to hear about your guinea pig.x