20 February 2010

Saturday And We Say Hello To Marie

talisker-sil

I've had a busy week off work, driving 400 miles around Skye in three days as I was showing visiting photographers around. We had all kinds of weather thrown at us, sometimes four seasons in a day! But it was good fun and a welcome change from work. We've had a bit of snow again these past two days and Briagha loves it but Cody isn't so keen and refuses to play chase with her in it. Its back to work on Monday for me (boohoo), but not before I make the most of the rest of the weekend. Here is a pic from this week, its Talisker bay taken between hailshowers. Marie

Thanks Marie a lot of miles covered but I think you had a lot of fun! I can see you being a tour guide yet! What a fantastic photo, it could almost be another planet with the mauve/ grey glow in the sky.

7 comments:

patricia said...

Hi Marie, that is an amazing picture, david has asked me to ask you, what camera and lens, what time of day, and details of shot speed etc. be very grateful as he is still learning, certainly got the wow factor.

Marie said...

Hi Pat,

Canon 5D mk2 camera with 17-40L lens at 32mm, F14 on aperture priority giving a shutter speed of 1/2 sec.
ISO 50.
Shot at 4.30pm as the sun was going down behind the sea stack. I waited for the wave rushing in to get the movement in the water around the rocks.

Trish said...

Extraordinary!! Well done Marie.

Mark - Janmark Bedlingtons said...

brilliant!

Tina W said...

That is smashing! Enjoy our last day off!

enid said...

You should enter the Sunday Telegraph's competition because the subject is "Coast" and I'm sure you would win with this photo.
Stunning!

patricia said...

thnks marie, davidhas got a D70 with an 18 70 lens, doesnt mean much to me, but he is looking at changing, thanks again.