21 March 2010

Spring time On Oracoke!

Hello everyone,
It looks like you all have been very busy with shows!  I especially want to congratulate Ian and Sapphire on their Gold Good Citizen.  What a wonderful accomplishment for a rescue, she must be a really special dog.  My girls have gotten to spend a lot of time outside as the weather has turned gorgeous!  I spent a back breaking day yesterday in the garden cultivating the soil and pulling out clover that has taken over....I loved every minute of it, it was so good to spend hour upon hour outside.  It was also good to see it warm enough the have the girls panting!  I got very adventurous with Storey and Amelia....I have trotted Amelia next to my bike, but never Storey, so I decided to take them both at the same time.  Storey must have done this before in her other life, she was perfect....picked up the trotting pace and was in complete focus.....Amelia on the other hand, trots, then tries to run, tries to look around, which doesn't work with me on the bike & it takes her a bit more time to get into the groove, Storey acted like she did it everyday.  Work is creeping up on me, the restaurant re-opens on 1 April....I am guessing that sometime this week I will be going in to  start the clean/set up to get things in the front of the house up and running.   Until then I am going to enjoy the rest of the time off.
I am off to meet my friend to take a walk at Springer's Point....a beautiful maritime forest along the Pamlico Sound.  Until next week.....enjoy SPRING!!!

Tricia, Greyson, Rose ,Willo ,Amelia  & Storey (My Woofs in Sheeps Clothing)

 

Greyson,_Rose,_Amelia

Thank you Tricia, we have sun today as well, I have actually been sitting outside with a glass of wine this lunchtime. It is still early days so don’t suppose the warm sunshine is going to last.  Enjoy your time off it must be lovely on the Island today. Taking the dogs out on the bike is a sure way of getting them fit, Diesel and Parker could do with losing a bit of weight! Enjoy the rest of your free time, not long until Easter and the crowds return!   

3 comments:

enid said...

Your island sounds like heaven on earth. Enjoy the rest of your time off. I saw my first daffodils on the M50 on the way up North on Friday. It will be weeks before mine are in flower but it is the Spring Exqinox today so we have turned the corner.

Tina W said...

Enjoy your short time of freedom-yesterday it rained all day and was cold with it but today the sun has emerged and cheered us all up(for how long I don't know)

karen said...

It sounds so lovely on your island, its been nice and sunny here today