18 April 2010

Sunday And I wonder What has Been Happening On Oroacke Island?

Good morning everyone,
What has been a brilliant week in the weather department, today, has turned cloudy and chilly. The girls and I have been busy working in the garden and planting flowers....so far so good, Storey has not eaten any of them. The Cilantro is up on the railing of the deck, as last year she ate all the leaves off and left me only stems!! The funny thing is that she never tries to go into the vegetable garden, she completely ignores it. Aside from the garden and trying to grow grass, we have just been spending mornings on the deck in the glorious sunshine reading. I am reading 2 wonderful books...Animals in Translation, by Temple Grandin and Animals Make Us Human, by the same author. She is an amazingly brilliant autistic woman who has a gift with animals. If anyone has a chance they should read her books, she will astound you with her insight and make you look at you pets differently.
I am off to clean up the morning feed pans and hopefully start the grooming regime...I am having a hard time getting going on that! Have a good week everyone.... Tricia, Greyson, Rose ,Willo ,Amelia & Storey (My Woofs in Sheeps Clothing)

Thank you Tricia, it has absolutely beautiful today in the UK, not a cloud in the sky just a very light breeze and oodles of warm sunshine! I wonder if any other bloggers have read the books written by Temple Grandin? These sounds like books not to be missed. Lucky Storey has not eaten you veg plants,Parker decided to water the mint in my new herb garden and now it really is now in a sorry way!

1 comment:

ed and rebecca said...

I'd recommend Animals in translation, it gives you lot's of food for thought. Temple also featured in a uk t.v documentary a few years ago.