18 May 2010

Briagha Is Poorly!

It’s after 5 am and I've been up half the night with Briagha being sick. I decided to call the emergency vet when she started vomiting a fair amount of blood and had some bloody diarrhoea. So he asked me to take her in to the clinic, she's been given three jabs (antibiotic, steroid and anti sickness) and she is being kept in for observation and may need a drip if she doesn't improve soon.

I now have to keep an eye on Cody who seems ok at the moment. It may be an infection picked up at the kennels as I only collected them on Saturday. They were both looking well until this happened around bedtime last night. I'm back at work today supposedly, although I've barely slept. I'll let you know if there's any news, but I'm hoping she will recover as I acted quickly before she got too dehydrated. Marie

So sorry Marie to read this terrible news keep us updated, we are all thinking of you and hope Briagha is better and home very soon.

12 comments:

Pat Evans said...

Sorry to hear such sad news; hoping everything goes well. All the best from Pat & Clifford Evans Meidrim.

bill said...

hope they get well soon

did you get to work??

karen said...

Hope shes gets better soon Marie x

patricia said...

Hi Marie, I hope B improves very soon, my two have developed an intolerance to drontal, I gave them half a tab at lunchtime the other day, and half in the evening, within an hour they were both hoofing up. so I shall change that. do you remember when larry was pooing blood, he was on a drip, but no sickness, they were on the point of operating, but he improved after the drip, and ended up with ulcerative colitis, I think after this you may have to give B a very bland diet for a while. she WILL get better, if you could have seen larry, I thought he would never recover, you acted quickly, thinking of you and B and C. x x x

Marie said...

Thanks all.
I've to go to the vets at 5.15pm, and she may get home if still improving. The injections seem to be helping. Cody is still fine, so thank goodness for that as I was worried coming home that he'd be ill too.
She can have whatever diet she needs so long as she's ok.
I'll let you know later how she is.

julie o said...

get well soon briagha xxx

Trish said...

I sounds like what I had with Greyson in January...Hemorrhagic Gastro entritis HGE. Same symptoms as Briagha. She was on an IV drip for 24 hours, and bland diet, for 10 days, meds to kill all the bacteria in her tummy and probiotics to replace the good stuff. She is fine. Very scary stuff...hoping for the same with Briagha. Keep us posted Marie.

Marie said...

Well I'm back from the vets without her...she had more bloody diarrhoea whilst I was waiting to see the vet.
I was allowed through the back to see her but not allowed to touch her.
They're going to put her on a drip tonight and I've to call in the morning.
They dont seem worried, but I am!!

ed and rebecca said...

Lot's of love to you and Briagha. If the vets aren't worried then you shouldn't either, but it's easier said than done. Hope you get good news tomorrow.xx

Linda and Misty said...

We've experienced this with my boxers and it often looks worse than it is but you can't help worry. We are all sending both you & Briagha lots of love and positive thoughts that she will soon be well hopefully she'll be home tomorrow. lots of love Linda & Misty xxxx

Keira said...

Hope Briagha will be better soon and you can write much better news, lots of kisses to her.

It must be hard, hopefully she'll bo out tomorrow.

Donna said...

oh dear i had one like that too