23 January 2011

Hello From Tricia On a COLD Oracoke Island USA

Snow 2

Hello everyone,
We had quite an exciting weather event here yesterday......we had snow.....12" of it!!!!  The sun is out today and melting it, but OH what an adventure it has been with the dogs!  First none of them wanted to walk out of the door.....remember we don't have snow removal things here, snow shovels, brushes to clean off the cars, thank heavens we have Wellies!  So we resorted to brooms to clear the snow off the porch about every hour all day yesterday.   The girls were having no part of it, and when I did get them out and down the steps, and they stepped off the last step and went into snow up to their little neck, they just looked as me as if to say "How could you"??!!  Snow1

So I ended up getting the garden shovel and shovelling my yard, so they could walk and find a potty spot.  Willo, however, refused to move, she just stood there with her tail between her legs and shivered and looked pitifully at me.  I felt she thought I had betrayed her in the worst way!!  So of course each time it was time to go out, they all went and got in the crate, as if to beg, "PLEASE, don't make us"!!!  It was like pulling teeth! 

snow

Hopefully it will all be gone by tomorrow, it is supposed to rain then and maybe they will be happier with rain.....except Willo, she doesn't like anything that gets her feet wet.   Having snow here is highly unusual, but to get close to a foot is unheard of!!!  I felt like I was back in Ohio on the Great Lakes with all the snow we got there!!!  Thank goodness we have sun today, it doesn't make the snow seem quite as bad.  I will enclose some photos we took.  Until next week, when I am hoping spring will be here....

Goodness Tricia what a surprise!!! But on a positive note hopefully  it is melting as quickly as it arrived not like us last month stuck in freezing conditions for about three weeks! I don’t suppose your woofs have experienced snow let alone a foot of the white stuff! Poor Wilo she is certainly not a snow maiden! Hopefully it will all be gone by tomorrow and the girls can get back to enjoying their yard once again!

6 comments:

bill said...

see Trish i told you it would turn to snow..

Trish said...

Yes you did, but that doesn't normally happen here. I am not in a snow area....I bet this is the first time in 25 years that they have had this much snow.....tonight the whole of the island is a skating rink....warmed up and melted & then dropped below freezing.....my back steps are not usable tonight, I would kill myself trying to get down them...I am afraid the dogs would fall all the way down the steps.

enid said...

Take care of yourself on the ice. So many people have broken bones here. I hope there's no more snow headed our way.

patricia said...

Doesnt it look pretty tho. my dogs hate the rain, snow is fine, its hard to get them back from their walk if it starts to rain when we are out!

Tina W said...

I hope by now your snow has gone Trish-I don't blame the dogs for not wanting to go out in it-horrid stuff!

Trish said...

52 degress this morning and the snow is almost gone.....with 3" of rain on the way, I am sure that what is left will be taken care of.