26 July 2011

Dora Wins Her Obedience Class At Blackpool

I have had the best day of my life  I took Dora and Polly to Tower Obedience show at Blackpool. I had both in the KC special stakes and also the pre-beginners class (Polly’s 1st proper Obedience show). They both worked beautifully in the stakes and I got 2nd with Dora and qualified as the abc (anything but a collie) for the northern semi final in Scotland round about November time. Surprise Polly got 4th. Both had done the stays 1min sit and 2 min down for the pre-beg and got full marks. I was last to work in the enormous class. Dora pulled all the stops out and we got first place. We went home with a crystal trophy, box of treats and place cards and rossettes. What a good day I was so proud of them we had quite a crowd round as I worked for Dora and we got a cheer when we had finished. Best wishes Dot x

Dot this is fantastic news I don’t know of any bedlington who  has actually  ever won the pre-beg class. I know the classes are huge as when i did it with Parker I was ninth out of 24 so to win this class with a bedlington is amazing. It takes hours of training and loads of patience to get a bedlington to this standard. I just wish the bedlington clubs would provide a trophy for the best member with a  bedlington in performance events. Points could be earned throughout the year from gaining Good Citizen Certificates through to all events placed that were not show classes! I know it takes skill to turn out a bedlington for the show ring and win challenge certificates but there is a lot more time and commitment put into training a winning performance bedlington! Polly has also been very siuccessful in the show ring if i remember even winning Best Pup In Show earlier this year 

11 comments:

enid said...

Congratulations, Dot. Didn't they do well!

Shell said...

Well done! :)

Tina W said...

Wow that is a great achievement..well done !!

J&T said...

Congratulations, what an achievement, you should feel very proud.
Jane xxx

patricia said...

I bet you are walking on air dot. x

k9 said...

Hi,

Fantastic, well done, you must have the patience of a saint!

EJ said...

that is fantastic! what a wonderful way to represent the breed! x

billy said...

WELL DONE....

ed and rebecca said...

Wow! You must be very patient : )
x

KAREN AND BRAMBLE said...

Congratulations Dot, Dora and Polly.
Good luck for the semi-final in scotland. Me and Bramble will have our fingers and paws crossed for you both.

Julie said...

Hi,Well done Dot, Polly certainly does have beauty and brains.
Have you come down yet, you were well over the moon when you rang.
Julie x