23 November 2011

Good Morning From Wales

Tenerife 2011 and dogs 039

Tenerife 2011 and dogs 041

Good morning Bloggers. Here is a picture sent to me by Tim of 2 year old Milly before he trimmed her. She was with him because her owner wanted to rehome her. She was well in herself but very badly matted so Tim had to take everything off as he couldn't get a comb though her fur.
Last friday I had an email from Janet and Barry in Worthing who had recently lost their 14 year old Bedlington and were looking for a bitch about one and a half years old. I gave them Francis Fullers number as I didn't know that there was a little bitch with Tim. On Saturday I was out collecting for Lifeboats in Merthyr (we're 25 miles from the sea but I am the chairperson of the branch and have been doing it since the 1970's) when I bumped into Kevin and Deborah Mumford. I mentioned the couple looking for a dog and he told me about Milly as his dog, Sam, Bakabaks Bold as Brass, was the father. He is also the father of Stuart's champion Harry. As soon as I got home at 4 o'clock I rang Tim only to find that the dog was already on its way to Worthing! The couple are friendly with Mary McEarlan (president of the Bedlington Terrier Association) she had told them to ring Tim as he used to do a lot with rescue. He was the first person they had contacted and so they jumped in the car and came up to Wales straight away. She has made herself quite at home and her tail hasn't stopped wagging. She spent Saturday evening snuggled up on the chair with Barry. She is going to visit Mary shortly which will undoubtedly bring a smile to Mary's face. It quite amazing how small the Bedlington world is and how caring people can be. We're off to Barry and Penarth Show on Sunday - no Bedlingtons so Solo is in AVNSC. Enid

Thank you Enid this is just a lovely story with a happy ending. Do hope Janet and Barry send a picture of Millie in her new home, As you says there are some wonderful people in the bedlington world. We would all like to say a big thank you to everyone involved in rescue and the families that rehome one one of these needy dogs!
A very good luck to Solo the show next weekend.

3 comments:

J&T said...

How wonderful for Janet & Barry, not too mention Millie of course!
I bet she looked a different little dog after Tim had given her a haicut.
Jane xxx

Mark - Janmark Bedlingtons said...

Good luck at the show, I see Jeff Horsewell is judging, hes partial to a good bedlington!

Elaine said...

Would love to see Millie after her haircut! She's gorgeous.