19 April 2012

Let’s Get Julie And The Bedlingtons To The Fun Day

Capture

I wonder if someone on the blog can advise me?

As you know I have 4 dogs, I also have family in South Wales and much as I would love to see them more often I am restricted because my son cannot accommodate myself and 4 dogs. I would also like to come to the fun day and go to other places.I am considering buying a second hand trailer tent. What I want to know is am I being too ambitious, My only experience of camping is 2 nights in a 2 man tent at Glastonbury in the late 70's. I have never erected a tent or towed a trailer. How difficult is it? Would I be better buying, say a 4 man tent to see how I get on first. What should I look out for and what other essential equipment would I need baring in mind that when I have 4 cages in the car there is not a lot of room left. Hope someone can help. Julie.

Thanks Julie I don’t know much about trailer tents, but I think they are easy to erect, probably easier than a 4 man tent. Some are very spacious and well equipped with plenty of room for cages. The trailers are low so easy to tow and you are not restricted with vision when driving. Maybe there is someone  in blog land with first hand experience camping with a trailer tent.

3 comments:

Agathasmum Louise said...

Julie, can tell you a story about my mum and dad trying to erect a trailer tent back in the '70's, but best you don't know! However, we do have a modern 4 berth tent that you would be very welcome to borrow for the fun day if you want.

k9 said...

JULIE WHAT EVER YOU DECIDE TO DO THERE WILL BE ENOUGH OF US THERE TO GIVE YOU A HELPING PAW (HAND) FROM THE K9 MARSHAL CREW IAN,SAPPHIRE AND JAZZ

Sarah and Tony said...

We had a similar dilema. We'd camped a fair amount, in our small 2 man and I'd had most childhood holidays under canvas. Our second fun day we used the frame tent from those holdays (thanks to Brian and Carmel - who helped us out when we found we were short of 2 poles). When we gained 2 more dogs we knew we needed a caravan, but didn't want to tow anything too big. We ended up with an Eriba pop top caravan, which is small (ours is the largest that they make), light (only 900kg) and easy to tow. The awning is great and gives loads of extra space.
If you use a 4 man tent, you'll probably need a trailer anyway, or at least a top box for the car.
I've stayed next to a trailer tent at a site last year, and was surprised how spacious and comfortable it seemed. It would be cheaper than splashing out for a caravan, but more comfortable than a tent. We found loads of helpful advice on an Eriba forum - is there anything for trailer tents?