27 January 2014

A Note From Harvey Bell

DSC04108[4]_thumb

Thought you’d like to be brought up to date. About myself. I have enjoyed good health for the past 77 years, up to 14th December 2013, when I started with hiccups.By the following Monday I was totally exhausted and went to the doctors. They were unable to stop them and by the following Wednesday the doctor referred me to A & E. I was admitted that evening, the following day had 2 CT scans and 3 x-rays. I was diagnosed with a mass in my lower bowel and damage to my appendix, upon closer examination damage was noted to my liver. An operation was planned for the next day - Friday - my lower bowel, appendix and lymph nodes & glands were removed. The mass in my bowel contained a cancerous tumour, also the appendix, but of a different type of cancer, the L glands were also affected. Last week I have had ultrasound and MRI scans on my liver and went to a clinic on the 22nd January 2014. I have to have a different scan on my Liver before they can decide on my next treatment. I am optimistic and looking to the future and will keep you informed with any further news.

Best wishes for 2014 Harvey Bell.

I was sad to receive the news that Harvey Bell has been so  poorly, Our get well wishes and thoughts go to him from all his friends on the blog.  We are keeping everything crossed that Harvey will be well enough to attend the Midland show next month. Keep smiling Harvey and lots of love to you!!

17 comments:

Sally said...

Hope you feel better soon Harvey! Xxx

Stuart said...

Stay strong Harvey. The whole Bedlington fraternity is behind you, willing you back to good health.

Viv at Sevray said...

Much love, Harvey - be brave xxx

rosie's dad said...

Get well soon Harvey. You have been missed these last few weeks.

DEREK LEWIS "THE MAKEM" said...

Oh! dear, so sorry to here of your troubles.

The Makems

Mary said...

Dear Harvey - sorry to hear you have been poorly - thinking of you. Mary

k9 said...

Stay strong and Possitive Harvey we have our fingers and paws crossed for you
From Carmel, Brian and The K9 Marshal Crew

enid said...

We're all thinking of you and here if you need to talk. Enid and Hefin.

tony waller said...

Sorry to hear that you have been poorly and what you have gone through.
Get well soon Harvey, thinking of you. xxx Sandra & Tony

Mark Walshaw said...

Dig in there Harvey, we know you will, thinking of you.

Mark & Jan x

Kierlander said...

Harvey, really sorry to hear this news! Will be thinking of you, stay positive.

Tina W said...

Sorry to hear that you have been poorly.We hope that you are now feeling better and you soon have positive news.Take care Harvey.
Love TONY and Tina.Xx

Lesley 2 said...


Sorry to hear your news Harvey, Trevor and I wish you all the best. Be positive and stay optimistic!
Jane xxx

caroljnewton said...

Thinking of you Harvey! Stay strong,
love and good wishes from Carol

Julie said...

I was only asking Margaret the other day if she had seen you recently, I had no idea that you had been ill.
Hope you get well soon. xxx

Lesley and John said...

Get well soon Harvey, take care xx

Polly said...

So sorry to hear you've not been well Harvey. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
X
Paula